[Reader-list] Fellow ex-I-Fellow on ragging

khadeeja arif khadeejaarif1 at rediffmail.com
Sun Oct 16 20:55:26 IST 2005

Dear Shivam,
I am Khadeeja and I work at Sarai. I have been following your emails with some interest (when you were an I fellow and even post that). I am interested in your posts because they discursively engage with a subject which all of us identify with; they talk of an experience that we all have gone through, but somehow were not able to express it. Your research on ragging is not just novel but also IMPORTANT and I am sure you have gain tremendous support of people all around. The reason I am writing this mail is to tell you that your research on ragging is crucial and you must work on it more and post on the list with the same confidence as you used to do it during I fellow period. I have noticed that all your post I fellow posting on the reader list have an apology in the begining .. I dont think that you should feel apologetic about writing on a list which is open to all and meant to actually initiate dialogue and debate about issues that concerns you and people at large.. So please dont feel shy of postings on the list.. Your research project at Sarai might have ended technically but it dose not mean that you should not continue the dialogue on the list...
I look forward to more of your posts
Best
Khadeeja