[Reader-list] P. Sainath :Where India shining meets great depression (The Hindu)

Lawrence Liang lawrence at altlawforum.org
Wed Apr 5 01:07:10 IST 2006

Hi jeebesh

A quick response, I was thinking about these ads and why they were
particularly pissing off for me at this period, after all, these are not the
first, and they will certainly not be the last ads which are offensive
(recall the recent fair and lovely ad on TV)....But I guess it comes in a
time when we are witnessing the state bending over to appease the US, while
we see its simultaneous brutality and violence in all directions (NBA to
demolitions to Bhopal)....and you wonder about the lines between brutalities
of imagination and action

lawrence