[Reader-list] Richard Stallman in Calcutta

Yogi z at zerosofzeta.com
Mon Aug 14 17:15:22 IST 2006

So I met Stallman last year.. and I think he is the kind of person who
would relaly enjoy it if you question the govt. in front of him.. I
would say even bring along a video camera and ask someone to tape the
session while you are questioning the CPM(I) leaders.. and later maybe
you can hand it to some news channel.

on a different note....

I am really surprised by the fact that despite all this noise about
India and its large number of programmers; open source movement in
india is non-existant. This is a sign that all these programmer are
nothing more than coding monkeys.. who do not understand anything more
than whats immediately before their eyes.

Even some of my so called smart IIT friends still think that Microsoft
is the greatest thing which has happened to india, because they
brought computing the common people... but I ask them ... at what
cost? A cage is a cage... even if its made out of gold.

I think Indian government needs to ban the use of proprietary software
from all educational institutes.