[Reader-list] HUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amitabh Kumar amitabhkumar84 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 14:02:41 IST 2006

Hutch just called.
He asks my name. I tell him  and he wishes Mr. Amitabh good afternoon.
He wants to know my height , the colour of my eyes and my address. I
give him all (this is my missionary school ways at their best) without
asking for a reason…he then wants to know my local address. I give him
that too. My connection has been barred twice for reasons not known to
me. So a call from hutch is received with the same gratification with
which I received my pocket money or a gift brought by parents
returning from some 'official' trip. I sir him and he sir's me. Its
mutually satisfying till the point he asks for my address once again.
I sensed a faint echo of violation. I gave him the address once again.
He asks for the colour of my building, the colour of the gate and any
landmark's near the house. I lose it. I ask him what the bleep was he
trying to do…why was I being asked so many questions and why was my
connection terminated twice. He gives me some 'gyaan' about how in
Haryana an identification proof was being used to create hundreds of
hutch connections, and because of this the government has issued a
directive which states that the company has to clarify every address.
I said it was alright and that I only wanted my phone to work.
" Ok , Mr. Amitabh thank you for the co-operation."
" No problem, just make sure my phones not barred again."
" Uhhh..Mr. Amitabh just one last question. I am talking to you, right?"
" What do you mean?'
" This is Mr. Amitabh ,right?"
The conversation turned into its second loop.

--
www.amitabhkumar.blogspot.com