[Reader-list] airplane returns

fmadre at free.fr fmadre at free.fr
Fri Aug 25 17:46:16 IST 2006

> "In addition, some passengers unfastened their seatbelts while the light
> requiring they be fastened was still illuminated, the official said.
>
> That was enough for U.S. air marshals aboard the DC-10 to break their cover."

more of that "fasten seat belt " nonsense here:
A Scottish tourist, Stewart Nichols, in his 40s, said he saw the 12 being
handcuffed by three armed air marshals. "Don't think that any of them behaved
suspiciously."

"They were not fastening seat belts despite being told so by the
airline staff,"
Nichols said.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/4A389B09-88F4-4DA1-9450-4B7A917A4693.htm

"I saw 11 Arabic people arrested before I got kicked out the plane. They were
treated like dogs. The way they got arrested inside the plane with everyone
seeing how they got treated, I thought it was inhuman," said a passenger.

"They did not hit them but they pushed them. But they let them surely
feel that
they have no power. The passengers were not allowed to even look back. They
were all told to look in front," recalled another.

http://www.ndtv.com/morenews/showmorestory.asp?category=National&slug=Relieved+passengers+arrive+in+Mumbai&id=92067

f.