[Reader-list] airplane returns

gowhar fazli gowharfazili at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 26 12:12:02 IST 2006

What do you think of the suggestion that these twelve
partying Indians were taken around the country to
speak to public about there European experience?  Do
you think this would be educative?  Can some group
like Combat Colonialism undertake this?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/08/23/schiphol/index.html

> The fascism here is twisting the meaning of such a
> simple device as the
> "fasten
> seat belt" sign, what this sign means is that you
> are advised to fasten your
> seat belt because if you don't you might get hurt
> because of the movements of
> the aircraft. what is implied here is that it could
> mean that when the sign is
> on your moves are restricted by law and you must
> obey otherwise your
> inobedience would disturb the peace and commonly
> accepted order of the cabin!
>
> to me it is clear that the real disturbance was
> caused by the air mashals and
> the true security threat was the presence of armed
> men inside the aircraft, a
> sentiment which is echoed in this excerpt from
> another report:
> "The Algemeen Dagblad newspaper quoted a 31-year-old
> Dutch businessman as
> saying the suspects were walking up and down the
> isle after takeoff. "I saw
> the air marshals walking, and then you know
> something's wrong," it quoted
> him as saying."
>
> yes, something is wrong when there are air marshals
> walking inside an aircraft
>
> > I sincerely hope the Indian people and/or
> government will claim
> > damages from the company and or our government,
> this is goinf much
> > too far!
>
> very much agreed, it is time to take action against
> all and every instance of
> the restraints on our lifes.
>
> f.
> List archive:
&lt;https://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/>

Unfortunately, the balance of nature decrees that a super-abundance of dreams is paid for by a growing potential for nightmares.

Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.

Peter Ustinov