[Reader-list] Action Alert - Communal harmony activistsarrested in Karnataka - Write in the the chief Minister

Shivam Vij mail at shivamvij.com
Wed Dec 13 05:28:56 IST 2006

On 12/12/06, Vedavati Jogi <vrjogi at hotmail.com> wrote:

> i don't hate you, i am a hindu, you are a muslim still we are sisters.

*

The "sisters" bit is very interesting. Reminds me of:

Gangubai once told film-maker Vijaya Mulay, in the initial years of
television: "If a male musician is a Muslim, he becomes an Ustad. If
he is a Hindu, he becomes a Pandit. But women like Kesarbai and
Mogubai just remain Bais."

Ustad: master/teacher, Pandit: scholar/teacher, Bai: sister.

http://blogs.sanmathi.org/anasuya/2006/11/28/more-from-pandit-gangu-hangal/

*

Also reminds me of a scene in Kamalahassan's "Hey Ram," but I'd let that be!

*

best