"Cricket on TV isn�t much different from a movie or a cartoon"

mihir pandya miyaa_mihir at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 21:08:44 IST 2006

Hi friends,
  On 21st oct (diwali day) I watched a cricket match in stadium first time in my life. England/Australia clash in sms stadium, Jaipur. We had RCA (Rajasthan cricket association) guest complimentary passes. As a passionate cricket lover this is a big movement for me. I watched my favorite batsman demean martin scoring a beautiful half-century. But there was another story I want to tell you

  We got our tickets free. Tickets printed value was 15,000 rupees. When we are there slowly we realized that almost everyone here was on a ‘guest complimentary’. My brother told me that in the pavilion the ticket rate was 1, 80,000 rupees. So who is buying these high rate match tickets? The answer is
 no one. Most of the tickets are distributed as ‘free passes’. And the politics behind this game
 please read this interesting article “SCREEN GAMES” by mukul kesavan. In this beautiful peace of writing mukul (famous historian and cricket writer) described the characteristic of desi spectator.
  Enjoy the cricket and keep searching the CRICKET in that ‘extraaa innings’!!!
  http://www.telegraphindia.com/1060914/asp/opinion/story_6741319.asp

http://mail.yahoo.com