[Reader-list] [Announcements] Open Mic / Open Screen

Aarti aarti at sarai.net
Mon Jan 16 13:00:14 IST 2006

======================

Open Mic / Open Screen
======================

Open Mic/Open Screen: An Evening of Experimental Film, Video, Audio-work,Poetry and Spoken Word.
5:30 pm, Tuesday, 31 January 2006

This month we invite friends interested in experimenting with the
film, video and audio forms to jam in the Sarai cafe. We hope this can
become a regular event in which people working across forms such as film,
image-making, sound and text can come together and share their work in an
open, relaxed and fun context.

Everyone will get 5-7 minutes to screen/play video/audio works, and
read/perform text based work. You can share video, audio, poetry, spoken
word, a short prose piece, a performance, singly or in groups, in any
language (though do be prepared to translate
for those uninitiated  :)  The screening/performance order will be decided on a
first-come-first-serve basis.

Films, Video and Audio pieces should be between 1-7 minutes long. You can share a complete work, parts of a work, a work in progress, even stills, in B/W and or colour.

Contact aarti at sarai.net for further details