[Reader-list] "Tamanna", 'Pakeeza", , , photo studios on Maulana Shaukat Ali road

mamta mantri bawree at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 17:24:21 IST 2006

I visited the cinema halls on Bakr-Eid. The two roads
outside the seven cinema halls were crowded, not very
heavily though. As they waited outside the halls, a
large crowd gathered around two photo studios,
‘Tamanna’ and ‘Pakeeza’. What’s interesting about
these studios is that have photo-placards of a
majority of Bollywood stars. These photo- placards are
the size of an average person. One needs to put ones
arms around these placards and click!!!, you have just
been clicked with Priyanka Chopra or John Abraham for
a mere 20 rupees. I too joined the spree and got
myself clicked with Salman Bhai (as they call him).
While I enjoyed the entire experience and was laughing
throughout, my friend kept deterring me from the act,
as it wasn’t a very sophisticated place, and meant for
‘them’. These photo shops have no demarcated and
separate space between the studio and reception. A
dark purdah is the only means to understand the
demarcation, which, by the way, is visible only when
one gets in to click a snap of oneself. The wall has
two to three kinds of backgrounds, flowers, scenery, a
house, etc. and you can choose one. One of the studios
did have a digital camera. The other one had a ‘saada’
camera. Should I think or read anything into it or
simply get myself clicked myself with John Abraham
next time???? what say

mamta