[Reader-list] Listening Lounge @ Sarai

Aarti aarti at sarai.net
Mon Jan 23 22:49:07 IST 2006

========================
Listening Lounge @ Sarai
========================

“Transit Lounge...Sonic Landscapes: Journeys in Sonic Fieldwork”
Sara Kolster + Sophea Lerner
5:30 PM, Tuesday, 24 January 2005

We invite you to be transported by a selection of sonic journeys and
composed field recordings featuring:

SoundTransit
a collaborative sonic world tour
Sara Kolster & Derek Holzer

“Many sounds in our everyday lives slip past our notice simply because
they are too small, or because we lack the proper receivers to pick them
up. 'resonancity' is an ongoing project to gather these microscopic sounds
from various cities, and to amplify and transform them. The goal is to
build a new city of sound and visuals inside the old one, and to inspire
curiosity and exploration of one's own environment.”

[Sophea Lerner is an Australian radiomaker, sound engineer and new media
artist currently based in Helsinki where she teaches media and sonic arts
at the Centre for Music & Technology. Her work combines experimental radio
and new media art into a collaborative practice that explores audience
interaction through movement and sound.

Sara Kolster is a visual artist with a background in design. Recently, the
focus of her work shifted more towards video and film; capturing details
from urban locations, visualizing fragments of stories of these
environments. She uses different strategies, from time-based media (video,
film, photography) to appropriated research methods belonging to different
observational disciplines (journalism, documentary & archeology).]