[Reader-list] [Announcements] Listening Lounge @ Sarai

aarti at sarai.net aarti at sarai.net
Tue Jan 24 12:17:34 IST 2006

========================
Listening Lounge @ Sarai
========================

“Transit Lounge...Sonic Landscapes: Journeys in Sonic Fieldwork”
Sara Kolster + Sophea Lerner

Sara Kolster and Sophea Lerner are artists in residence at Sarai-CSDS as
part of "Towards a Culture of Open Networks", a cross-cultural
collaborative
intiative supported by the EU-India Economic and Cross-Cultural Programme.

5:30 PM, Tuesday, 24 January 2005

We invite you to be transported by a selection of sonic journeys and
composed field recordings featuring:

SoundTransit
a collaborative sonic world tour
Sara Kolster & Derek Holzer

“Many sounds in our everyday lives slip past our notice simply because
they are too small, or because we lack the proper receivers to pick
them up. 'resonancity' is an ongoing project to gather these microscopic
sounds from various cities, and to amplify and transform them. The goal is
to build a new city of sound and visuals inside the old one, and to
inspire
curiosity and exploration of one's own environment.”

[Sophea Lerner is a radiomaker, sound engineer and new media artist
currently based in Helsinki, Finland where she teaches media and sonic
arts
at the Centre for Music & Technology. Her work combines experimental radio
and new media art into a collaborative practice that explores audience
interaction through movement and sound.

Sara Kolster is a visual artist with a background in design. Recently, the
focus of her work shifted more towards video and film; capturing details
from urban locations, visualizing fragments of stories of these
environments. She uses different strategies, from time-based media (video,
film, photography) to appropriated research methods belonging to
different observational disciplines (journalism, documentary & archeology).]