[Reader-list] [Announcements] THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THE ARTS IN SOCIETY

Tressa Berman CG tressa at commongroundconferences.com
Thu Jan 26 23:07:49 IST 2006

Dear Colleague,

I am writing to you on behalf of the Conference Organizing Committee
to announce:

THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THE ARTS IN SOCIETY
The University of Edinburgh, Scotland, 15-18 August 2006
http://www.Arts-Conference.com

To be held in conjunction with the Edinburgh International Arts
Festivals, the conference will include leading artists, arts
practitioners and theorists through paper presentations, workshops
and colloquia. The conference venue, the University of Edinburgh, is
located near the heart of the various Edinburgh Festival activities.

I would particularly like to invite you to respond to the conference
call for papers and presentations. Presenters may choose to submit
written papers for publication before or after the conference in the
refereed International Journal of the Arts in Society, a new journal
commencing publication in 2006. If you are unable to attend the
Conference in person, virtual registrations are also available which
allow you to submit a paper for review and possible publication in
the journal, and provide you with access to the electronic version of
the conference proceedings.

Full details of the conference, including an online call for
presentations form, are to be found at the conference website.  We
encourage innovative presentation formats as well as academic papers.
The next call for proposals (a title and short abstract) closes on 28
February 2006.

We look forward to receiving your proposals and hope you will be able
to join us in Edinburgh in 2006!

Yours Sincerely,

Dr Tressa Berman
BorderZone Arts, USA
Director, International Conference on the Arts in Society

COMMON GROUND
ABN  66 074 822 629

SYDNEY
PO Box K481, Haymarket
Sydney 2000 Australia
Ph: +61(0)2 9519 0303 Fax: +61 (0)2 9519 2203
Office: Level 2, 6A Nelson St, Annandale, 2038

SAN FRANCISCO
97 Miguel Street, San Francisco
California, 94131 USA
Tel. 415-273-5510 (USA)