[Reader-list] Book release - "Scarred" by Dionne Bunsha, 21st July, Bangalore

Clifton clifton at altlawforum.org
Wed Jul 19 11:38:04 IST 2006

Dear All,

Aalternative Law Forum (ALF) and People's Union of Civil Liberties (PUCL-K) would like invite you to the Book release of 'Scarred', by Dionne Bunsha. Dionne Bunsha has been covering the Gujarat pogroms and its aftermath and the collection of her writings go to make up this very important book.

For the occasion we thought it would be useful to reflect on the situation, four years after Gujarat also in the context of the rapidly changing situation in Karnataka.For this we have a panel comprising:

Dionne Bunsha
Gauri Lankesh, Lankesh and Komu Souharda Vedike
Parvati Menon ( Frontline )

The discussion will be moderated by Clifton D' Rozario

Date : 21.007.06 at 6.00 pm
Place: Xavier's Hall, II Floor, Ashirwad, St Marks Road ( The small road next to the petrol bunk, Opposite SBI)

'Scarred' is an intense, moving narrative of the aftermath of the communal violence in Gujarat 2002, which etched deep faults in Gujarat's social landscape. It looks at both the larger as well as the closer picture to understand what happened in Gandhi's Gujarat.

  "Beautiful... Scarred is not dark, it is one assured step inside the darkness, to explore the light... It's straight-forward, honest to the core, a reporter's authentic notebook on the scars that have refused to heal."
												- Tehelka