[Reader-list] Writing english

Vivek Narayanan vivek at sarai.net
Thu Mar 23 13:47:49 IST 2006

As far as I can tell, the answer might be rather simple.

Any messages to the reader-list that are not plain text are held up for
moderator approval, for a variety of important reasons.

People write formatted text in their word processors, then convert this
into plain text.

Things like paragraph breaks, get lost in this.

Solution: save your text as plain text, then paste it in.  Before
sending, see that your mail client is sending it as plain text, and see
that the sentence stops and paragraph breaks are preserved in that format.

Am I wrong?  Any advice from techies?

Vivek