[Reader-list] Quirk litmag submission call for sept-dec 2006

Abhayraj Naik abhayraj.naik at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 2 19:31:35 IST 2006

the 8th issue (may-august 2006) of quirk has recently released with limited
print copies floating around bangalore, delhi, mumbai, chandigarh and a few
other cities. most of the writing is also available online on quirk's
(still-under-construction) website http://www.quirk.in
find below, the submission call for the september-december 2006 issue.
please do circulate in interested channels. abhay.

"
WRITING FOR QUIRK: THE SEPTEMBER-DECEMBER EDITION

We really appreciate new writers/artists contributing to Quirk through
pieces exploring the theme or otherwise. We encourage contributions of all
kinds – articles, poetry, stories, prose, visual art, crosswords, quizzes,
trivia…the list goes on – with absolutely no restrictions on content, style
or form.

So go ahead, let the creative juices flow and swirl around freely – and
surprise us, or stick to traditional literary styles – you meet our quirky
quality standards, we’re good to publish!

The theme for the September-December edition of Quirk is “Taste Abandon”.
The flexible deadline for submissions is November 20th, 2006.
And no, your submissions do not have to relate to the theme.

Just to give you a pointer as to how diverse the material that we’ve
published in the past has been – from sports literature to children’s
literature to sci-fiction to horror to humour – we traverse the whole
terrain.

And if you’re specially burning with the desire to let out and let the world
know what exactly you think of them – albeit from the point of the pen –
here’s your chance. Because we encourage criticism. Of. Books, movies,
music, pubs, restaurants, sportspeople, politics and university bureaucracy
– in fact, anything under the sun that may be possibly subject to review.

E-mail your submissions to quirk at nls.ac.in.
For postal submissions, send your contributions to:
(pleases mark the envelope with “Attn: Ms. Ganeev”)

The Quirk Editorial Collective,
National Law School of India University,
Nagarbhavi,
Bangalore – 560072,
India.

Flexible deadline: November 20, 2006