[Reader-list] One laptop per child

s|s supreet.sethi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 20:12:11 IST 2006

Hi,

While working for Cyber-mohalla project, lots of ideas for customized
software for kids were discussed. I am not sure how much of it really
happened.

But as Linux comes of age, software like the ones imagined are
becoming possible. Some of these ideas/softwares are centered around
idea of One laptop per child.

I have been following some of these projects with keen interest.

Etoys
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image:EToys_-_new_display.jpg

and Sugar
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar

seem particularly promising.

I am sure lot of people on this mailing-list can contribute via
coding, documentation, testing and offcourse with experience in this
domain.

The developers mailing list for these softwares is at :