[Reader-list] films for ysf

Lokesh lokesh at sarai.net
Tue Oct 17 13:54:05 IST 2006

Dear All,
The Youth Social Forum will be hosted in Delhi along with the Indian
Social Fourm from 9th to 13th November 2006. As part of its focus on
cultural activities, a space will be made available for screening short
films - documentary and fiction. We invite filmmakers, especially young
filmmakers, to send in their films, and make this an exciting YSF!
 The broad themes of the Forum are:
--> Work and Labour
 --> Education and Employment
--> Neo-Liberal Globalisation and Issues of Development
--> Gender and Sexuality
 --> Internationalism and Revolutionary Movements
 --> Exclusions: Caste, Class, Race and Religion
--> Alternatives: Dreams and Visions for another world
--> Environment and Ecology
 --> Conflict and Violence
--> Migration and Displacement
The themes are intended as indicative of broad areas of concern. Do send
in your films if you think they speak to the larger concerns of the YSF,
even if your specefic theme is not listed above :)   If you would like
to screen your film at the ISF-Youth Social Forum, Please send a short
note about yourself, and a brief description of the film to Bhagwati
Prasad bhagwati at sarai.net <mailto:bhagwati at sarai.net> and Lokesh
lokesh at sarai.net <mailto:lokesh at sarai.net> . While there is no
time-limit as such, in order that a diversity and range of projects can
be screened, we would urge that films not exceed 30 mins in length. The
last date for submissions is 25th October 2006.

Looking forward! In solidarity

Lokesh & Bhagwati Prasad

for youth forum 2006