[Reader-list] A little work for public Domain

Vishal Rawlley vishal.rawlley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 06:13:21 IST 2006

I totally empathise with Iaha. There are many scoundrels out there who do
not have any respect for young talent and hard working people. I have
personally faced such problems and learned the hard way. There is very
little an individual can do in such cases except cry himself/ herself
hoarse. Since such dealings are largely based on good faith and often there
are no signed agreements and contracts, it his hard to fight the issue
legally. And for a young individual in their early career it can be very
demoralising. It is the passionate artist who is the most easy target of
such exploitation, since they are so excited about making their film or art,
they tend to ignore other mundane aspects such as contracts and payments.

However the names of people and organisations that indulge in such
exploitation must be brought out and publicly shared so that we can all know
the truth about them.

I would advise Laha to put the facts out in a clear and calm way to as many
people as possible. Once we all know the truth, these people shall atleast
be shamed and hesitate to repeat such a thing in future.

And the other thing is not to lose hope Mr Iaha. You are probably very
talented and hence provoke insecure people from acting against you. Keep up
your passion, only remember to also watch out for the crocodiles.

Do post your correspondence with Pankaj to all of us. Dont let these people
get away so easily!