[Reader-list] films on partition and East Bengal refugees

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 18 08:46:29 IST 2007

No MRSG, I don't think all of them are about
liberation. Many of them have been produced in India -
it would be good if you could download and see them
from the link I mentioned. Many of them talk about the
sorry state in which the Bengal migrants are. And I am
sure some recent ones do talk about the Hindu
minorities in Bangladesh.

I am copying below a mail send by Shohini Ghosh (who
couldn't post to Sarai) which lists some recent films
from Bangladesh that are sepecifically addressing the
communal issue.

Dear Yousuf:

For some reason I can't post on the Reader's list so I
am sending you this mail directly. You may want to add
the following to the list of films from Bangladesh.The
last two are devoted to the contemporary - actually so
is Nina's film.

1. The Clay Bird - Tareque and Catherine
2. A Certain Liberation- Yasmina Nina Kabir
3. Teardrops of Karnaphuli- Tanvir Mokammel
4. Muslims or Heretics? - Naeem Mohammad

All these films address the crisis of communalism.
Love
Shohini

=== message truncated ===