[Reader-list] Freedom of Expression my foot!

S.Fatima sadiafwahidi at yahoo.co.in
Mon Aug 27 08:52:19 IST 2007

Dear Rahul
I don't agree with you on this. Where has this concept
of Nation, Nationalism, Rashtra come from? Was it
there in our country 100 years ago, or 300 years, or
2000 years ago? Has it been mentioned in any Shastras?
I don't think so. It has been implanted into us by the
colonial rule. While we continue to reject so many
things as "foreign" we have happily accepted this
concept as it suits our ends. Why?
And what is constitution/legisilation? Is it a voice
of God? Is it embedded in our DNAs? Isn't that created
by some individuals (who we may or may not agree
with).

I think its time we rise above the definition of the
Nation if we want to bring any real change. And a
civil war and bloodshed is not required for that. What
is required is the opening of hearts and minds.

=== message truncated ===

      Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. To know how, go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html