[Reader-list] UNITED STUDENTS to contest DUSU Elections

Aditya Raj Kaul adityarajkaul at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 13:06:31 IST 2007

*UNITED STUDENTS <http://www.unitedstudents.in> to contest DUSU Elections*

United Students has come together as a group of motivated DU students who
are tired with the quality of politics at DU and want to do something about
it: Not by organizing seminars alone but by real time intervention, on the
ground action and direct engagement.

We contested the DUSU president's post last year and our candidate Aaditya
Dar stood third, ahead of several established political parties.

US is a freethinkers forum where everybody who thinks about issues is
welcome. The response we got last year proves that if we are truly serious
about cleaning up politics at DU, there is a huge votebank of support.

We are therefore taking forward our work this year by again contesting for
DUSU. Our candidates are:

*Nikhita Arora [KMC economics] for President
Ritwik Agrawal [Hindu maths] For General Secretary
Ekta Marwah [Hansraj history] for Vice President.

Vote! Support! Elect!

For more information: **www.unitedstudents.in*<http://www.unitedstudents.in/>
*Our Orkut community:
**http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=13038478*<http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=13038478>
* *
*E-mail: unitedstudents.india at gmail.com*
**
*PAST CAMPAIGNS of UNITED STUDENTS -*
**
*1) Justice 4 Jessica Lall*
*2) Justice 4 Priyadarshini Mattoo*
*3) Anti-Caste Based Reservation Movement*
*4) Justice For Nithari*
*5) Voter I.D. Card Registration for Students*
*6) Better Transport Facility in Delhi University ( All Campus)*
*7) Metro Fare Relaxation Campaign for Students*
*8) Drive against cuting of Tree's in DU Campus*
*9) Campaign to save Yamuna*
*10) Human Rights Campaign for Kashmiri Pandit Community*
**

*Thanks*
--
*Aditya Raj Kaul*