[Reader-list] [Announcements] [DFA: 19] Film Screening - City Walls - My own private Tehran

Delhi Film Archive [DFA] delhifilmarchive at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 12:53:04 IST 2007

The Delhi Film Archive with History Society and Gender Forum Ramjas
College present -
 **
*City Walls -- My own Private Tehran*
*
87 minutes, Iran*
*
A film by Afsar Sonia Shafie (present for the screening)

**29 August at 1:15 pm*
*Venue: Seminar Room, Ramjas College, Delhi University
*

  In times where headlines about the so-called "Culture Clash" hunt each
other, the Iranian filmmaker Afsar Sonia Shafie tells us a different story.

During her trip to her hometown Tehran, the filmmaker, who currently lives
in Switzerland, confronts herself with the history of her own family. She is
visiting her grandparents and lets them talk about their lives. In
conversations with her grandmother, her mother, her sisters and aunts the
director documents her own emancipation and that of her female relatives.

*In a very private, sensitive and exemplary way "City Walls-My own Private
Tehran" portraits remarkable mothers and women who, with every generation,
gradually managed to free themselves from the chains of the oppressive
patriarchal order. It shows us how women continue fighting for their right
to progress.*
**

VISIT OUR WEBSITE:
www.delhifilmarchive.org

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST OF FILM SCREENINGS:
email: delhifilmarchive-subscribe at googlegroups.com

CONTACT US:
delhifilmarchive at gmail.com

More OPTIONS are on the web: