[Reader-list] Clarification on the matter of allegedly Cancelled Screenings

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 18:37:09 IST 2007

> the faculty in charge of Wide Angle Film Society and the Principal of Kamala
> Nehru College have communicated to me that -
>
> "The Wide Angle Film Society of Kamala Nehru College was not prevailed
> upon by any individual or individuals to schedule or cancel any film.
> The college and Wide Angle Society are fully within their rights to show
> or cancel any film screening without having to be accountable to any
> individual or body.">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Shuddhu , does that mean that that even the screening of "jashn E Azadi" was
NOT prevailed upon by any individual or a group ?

Well, for once I must believe you and appreciate the Wide Angle Film Society
of kamla Nehru College for not allowing the "jashn E Azadi".

Lastlt the tongue in cheek remark of Wide Angle Film Society which reads as
"The college and Wide Angle Society are fully within their rights to show
or cancel any film screening *without having to be accountable* to any
individual or body."

Do you understand that ?

If not ...you never would....

God Bless