[Reader-list] Kkkscreenings.

rashneek kher rashneek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 17:04:41 IST 2007

Dear Shaina,

It seems you havent read our posts/comments well.Infact none of us at RIK is
happy about what we had to resort to.While we do not agree with the movie
made by Sanjay,at no point in time have we ever tried to block it.If we had
to block his screenings it would have be difficult to explain how he
screened in so many cities and so many venues.We never wanted to stop/cancel
his screenings.It was he who blocked our screening and in over confidence
got his documentary in..as if to rub some insult to our injury.
Now why dont you ask Kak as to why he blocked our screening in KNC and got
his own movie in on the same spot.Irrespective of what the Film Club or
anyone says the coincidence of his screening on same day/same place/same
slot has a tale to tell.Also he not even mentioning the screening on his
blog,while we mentioning of our screening at KNC also points out something.
I want to make it categorically clear that while we believe that his movie
is hugely biased, full of half truths and in part glorifies terrorists like
Yasin Malik,yet we want it to be screened as much as we want ours to be
screened without someone manipulating the cancellation.
Freedom of speech is as much a right as a responsibility.As they say we need
two hands to clap.
I do hope you see things in correct perspective,as for the film maker we
have nothing in person against him.He came to one of our screenings and you
can ask him,how I personally tried to make him comfortable.Mahman nawazi is
a way of life with us ,Kashmiris.
I also hope you resort to better choice of semantics and not make too many
assumptions,like we wont try this and that.It is better that you first find
out what has been tried between the film maker and me.
Also for a perspective do try and read my review in Greater Kashmir.the link
is here
*http://greaterkashmir.com/full_story.asp?Date=8_8_2007&ItemID=7&cat=12*<http://greaterkashmir.com/full_story.asp?Date=8_8_2007&ItemID=7&cat=12>

God bless

Rashneek