[Reader-list] Marxist-communism: China's Failed Ideology

frdrcmdr fmadre at free.fr
Wed Aug 29 23:19:39 IST 2007

what you call an ideology does not exist in the ether of the mind (this
I learned from dialectical materialism), it exists as it is practiced.
it can be easily argued that the practice of dialectical materialism was
widely different in the soviet union and china, also arguable that it
was widely different when at the hands of lenin and stalin... and also
different before the revolution, during it, and after in the case of
only lenin
statements like "communism is actively practiced in very few countries
such as North Korea and Cuba", by being generic about the use of the
word "communism" and also by implying that a so called ideology could be
the same in so different geographical and historical countries, show
that the writer has little understanding of the subject matter or
approaches it in a metaphysical way, at best, totalitarian at worst
after this prolegomena, I will read the text
thank you

f.