[Reader-list] Empowering India - Gujarat Electoral Candidates Information

Zainab Bawa zainabbawa at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 22:03:07 IST 2007

www.EmpoweringIndia.org
If you are  voter in Gujarat, this site will provide
you information, which was not easily accessible
before, about your candidate in your constituency. We
are digitising every the affidavits filed by every
candidate in every constituency in Gujarat. You could
access information about the candidates assets,
liabilities, education status, and instances of
criminal charges against them, if any. And this
information is available at the click of a button.

Information is power. Our objective is to share as
much information as possible with the voters in
Gujarat, and contribute to building active
citizenship.

Be informed. Cast your Vote. Strengthen the largest
democracy in the world. Celebrate the democratic
miracle.

Please share this information to all you know in
Gujarat. We greatly welcome your comments and
criticism.  And we will try to learn and improve our
system.

This is an initiative of Liberty Institute in New
Delhi. We hope to expand this process of active
citizenship to other states of India. We also have
past election information on www.IndianDemocracy.net

Zainab Bawa
Mumbai

www.xanga.com/citybytes