[Reader-list] Rs125 crore spent on Mutton in one day in Kashmir....

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:43:55 IST 2007

  *Kashmir's Bakr Eid spend crosses Rs125 crore *
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1140648

"......

More than four lakh animals will be slaughtered in Kashmir; around 70,000 in
Srinagar alone. "People have spent huge amounts of money on buying animals
for offering sacrifices this Eid. We have fixed a rate of Rs90 per kg of
meat. More than 24 lakh kgs of meat will be distributed," said Dr Shafat
Kakroo, general manager J&K Sheep Development Board...

........"

And they have the gall to say that they are economically impoverished....and
then our PM Dr. Singh attributes the emergence of terrorism to economic
backwardness.......What CoolAid is he drinking?