[Reader-list] Rs125 crore spent on Mutton in one day in Kashmir....

S.Fatima sadiafwahidi at yahoo.co.in
Sat Dec 22 19:08:45 IST 2007

Dear Pawan
Let me tell you spending Rs.125 crore on animal
slaughter has nothing to do with poverty in Kashmir or
anywhere else. On Baqr Eid, Muslims everywhere (even
the poor ones) would spend huge sums of money to
express their religous fervour. Forget Kashmir, the
statistics on animal slaughter during Eid in other
places such as UP or Delhi will also astonish you.

In the context of development, poverty should be
defined not as the lack of money, but the lack of
proper managment of money. And that's what the PM
thinks of when he mentions backwardness.