[Reader-list] Intentions behind an Open Letter ToIndianCricketTeam Captain

meena menon meenamenon at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 11:14:33 IST 2007

Hi
The letter posted by Sanjay was interesting. I read only a brief report
about this in the papers. The letter raised disturbing questions and did not
give me any pleasure. I fail to understand why it must give pleasure to "all
practising pseudo secularists" as suggested in one posting. Are there non
practising pseudo secularists?  And what is all this about anyway? And am
curious to know, as am new to the list, does one have to be asked  to
explain the intentions behind  making a posting?

Best

Meena Menon

On 2/17/07, Tapas Ray <t.ray at vsnl.com> wrote:

> I confess as being one of those who appreciate the logic and precision of
> Sanjay's response to Ms Jogi's angry post.
>
> Tapas Ray
>

> > thanks for such a quick  reply.
> > i know, your letter must ave give lot of pleasure to all practising
> psudo
> > secularists on the list of readers list.
> > and thank you very much for giving me an opportunity to condemn the
> > author.
> >
> > ms. jogi
> >>From: Sanjay Kak <octave at bol.net.in>
> >>To: Sarai Reader List <reader-list at sarai.net>
> >>Subject: [Reader-list] Intentions behind an Open Letter To Indian
> >>CricketTeam Captain
> >>Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 00:33:56 +0530
> >>
> >>Dear Ms Jogi
> >>
> >>The intention was to have people read the Open Letter.
> >>To give some of them pleasure.
> >>And to give some others a chance to condemn the letter and its author.
> >>Is that enough reason?
> >>Sorry donĀ¹t have more at this time.
> >>
> >>Best regards
> >>
> >>Sanjay