[Reader-list] Brouhaha Over the Veil

Tapas Ray tapasrayx at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 10:20:30 IST 2007

Sikand ... indeed everyone ... has the right to judge. Whether the one
who is judged will accept the judgement or not is upto him/her. If (s)he
does not wish to be judged, (s)he should shun ALL human contact, however
remote.

On another plane, it is not so much a question of right but something
fundamental, one could say an ontological fact: when I acknowledge the
existence of the other as other, this very act of acknowledgement "as
other" is an act of judgement, which introduces a difference between
self and other.

Tapas