[Reader-list] shuddhabratas response

Iram Ghufran iram at sarai.net
Thu Mar 1 16:56:22 IST 2007

Emma,

I think you are confusing issues.

A)  "don't you have anyone to fuck"  is not a nice thing to say to
anyone but these sentiments were expressed in a personal mail by Abhik.
I chose not to comment on those.

B) "awaiting moderator's approval" is an AUTOMATED response to TECHNICAL
glitches. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with the content of the
mail (unless there are attachments)

I think you need to read posting protocols again. They have been sent on
this list before and I will forward them to you in a separate mail.

C) By the way, I think Shuddhabrata's response did express concerns
regarding Abhik's unfortunate statement to Vedavati's provocative
statement. You should read it again.

"Let me clarify at the very beginning that I find the contents of the
exchange between Vedavati and Abhit (which we have all been subjected to because of Vedavati's forward, with comment, of Abhik's off list email to her) sad and deplorable. While Abhik's language betrays an
unfortunate misogyny, Vedavati's postings and responses are not exactly exemplars of liberality and tolerance."

Best
Iram