[Reader-list] Reviving a Researcher's Discussion Forum- in Bangalore

Kiran Jonnalagadda jace at pobox.com
Sat Mar 3 11:12:43 IST 2007

Dear Lalitha, Carol, Michael, Zainab and others,

We are organising Bangalore Barcamp 3 on March 31st and April 1st, at
IIMB, Bangalore. Previous events were held in April and December 2006.

The theme for this event is social tech: specific case stories of how
technology has impacted society around us. We'd love to have you
folks discuss your research. Owing to previous history, the primary
audience will be tech oriented, but all are welcome.

Barcamp is an open conference format where do not distinguish between
speakers and audience. Everyone is just a participant. There is no
pre-defined agenda. The schedule is drawn up on post-it notes and
changes through the day, based on what people want to discuss.

Please see http://barcampbangalore.org/

For more on the Barcamp concept in general, see http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcamp

~j