[Reader-list] Another apologist

hpp at vsnl.com hpp at vsnl.com
Mon Mar 19 17:25:50 IST 2007

Dear Mr Najib

I wish a fraction of your ire against the filthy politics of Trinamool was directed towards the utterly evil CPM! The Trinamool is utterly marginal to the people's movement against the CPM gathering force now. For their own survival, they are trying very hard to be in the picture. And your protest against "destabilisation" is really hilarious! When the CPM was asking for the Rajiv govt to be pulled down - during 1987-89 - was that not destabilisation?! As I wrote in an earlier post, a citizen has the right to hate a party for its atrocities and corruption, he has a right to want an end to their rule, and to do all he can - within the framework of the law - to bring them down. And no one has to instigate anyone to bring down the CPM. They were ruling with muscle-power all these years. Now that demon has been pulled down in people's consciousness, following the example of the revolt of the masses threatened with land appropriation, and now following the barbaric massacre indul
ged in by the CPM in Nandigram on 14 March. Someone told me yesterday that a vendor of pyjama tapes on a local train was chanting loudly "CPM kore jara, jounokormir sontan tara", i.e. those who do CPM, are offspring of sex-workers. (My wife retorted: "why demean sex-workers".) Its going to become very difficult for the party boys to move about in the open very soon, they might be lynched anytime, anywhere. And even that will only be a tiny recompense for all the atrocities committed by the CPM over 3 decades. Not everyone is committed to peaceful resistance. As Kabir Suman challenged in Calcutta last week, "four of you will be taken out for every one you target." Or as others expressed: "we have to fight armed hoodlums with arms".

I am afraid that even with a lot of hard work, you are never going to see the truth.

Yours sincerely

V Ramaswamy
Calcutta
cuckooscall.blogspot.com