[Reader-list] Protest (on April 1st) SC's stay on OBC reservation and brainstorm about how to furtherr Social Justice!

Shivam Vij mail at shivamvij.com
Sat Mar 31 12:30:03 IST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Satinath Choudhary <satichou at yahoo.com>

Dear friends from Delhi and close by,

   I am sorry for this late call! However, Emergency situation created
by our upper caste Supreme Court does not give us the luxury of
planning with plenty of time in our hands. Let us meet this Sunday,
April 1st, 2007, at Jantar Mantar, Delhi, between 11 am to 1 pm, and
accomplish a number of objectives in one shot!

   (a)  Demo on Sunday, April 1st, 2007, at Jantar Mantar, Delhi,
between 11 am to 1 pm against Supreme Court's stay OBC's reservation
in higher education;

   (b) Brainstorm about declaring the month of April as Social Justice
month. Social Justice month may attract participation and organizing
on the part of STs, OBCs, and minorities, not many of whom have been
organizing Ambedkar's birth anniversary;

   (c)  Brainstorm about how to further the cause of social justice;
in particular, how to democratize the court, especially the Supreme
Autocratic Upper Caste.

   (d)  Brainstorm about a bigger event by the end of April to further
the cause of social justice

   If you have any suggestion with regard to any of the above
mentioned things, please feel free to call me (at 9350041088) or write
to me at satichou2 at yahoo.com.

   Dalit Voice Silver Jubilee Celebration Committee, Delhi invites you
to join a daylong discussion and debate to mark the occasion of 25
glorious years of Dalit Voice. Those of us who feel that Dalit Voice
has contributed immensely to develop a new dynamic Ambedkarite
movement would like to take this debate further.

   On April 8th, 2006, from 10 am to 5:30 pm, we all join hand to
facilitate Dalit Voice for its wonderful journey. The daylong
programme is organized at the Gandhi Peace Foundation, Deen Dayal
Upadhyay Marg, Near ITO, New Delhi.

   Dalit Voice Silver Jubilee Celebration Committee: Rajni Tilak,
Vidya Bhushan Rawat, Ashok Bharati, Satinath Choudhary, Abhimook
Nayak,

   Contacts: vbrawat at gmail.com, rajni.nacdor at gmail.com, satichou2 at yahoo.com
   Telephone nos: 9871441261, 011-65902846, 22462528  (V.B.Rawat),
9871514040 ( Rajni Tilak) and 9350041088 (Satinath).

   Regards,
   Satinath