[Reader-list] FW: FW: Guests in Vedavati's house

inder salim indersalim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 18:35:31 IST 2007

dear Vedavati
Strictly speaking, i am not replying ur mails  but i am reacting to
what is already out there.... your mails are not  giving birth to my
securlar thoughts, but i believe, that our society is really trying to
get rid of unnecessary tags.... The people want to be free, but people
like you are more worried about the fate of Brahmins, and their
counterpart in other religions. In that sense there is no differnece
between a Mullah and a Brahmin which you are hell bent to hightlight
as lipstick on the face of modern India. Personally, I am truly trying
to be secular.  Here, i dont think you should have any problems.

Gandhi was also trying to be secular, we all have right to judge him
in our own personal capacity. He had done his bit, inspite of the fact
that many people were uncomfortable. Both, merits and demerit of
Gandhi's secular thought were meant to evolve but we unfortunately go
back to vulgar past and identify it as Hinduism.  For example, Gandhi
was quite stupid when he suggested to cover the Khajuraho temple
reliefs with cement or whatever.....He had no understanding of
sexuality and that is why, perhaps he had ......

If you are a woman, please try to see  the rigid and frigid Male in a
Religion. The dignity of an individual is paramount. I guess if we
quickly finish with this business of Gods then we might give some
attention to enviromental issues. Just see the reason why air and
sound pollution is a very very small issue on the eve of Deepavali.
People are busy marketing the Ganeshas and Laxmis on gifts and
commodities. Imagine Laxmi on a Rocket, Patakha or Annar. If you realy
love Laxmi, you should feel ofended when Laxmi image is blasted by
Hindus in the name of Deepawali. If you have no problems, why do you
have with MF Hussain's art.  Is not this biased.?

When Parvez Musharaf said  " Please dont expect the level of Democracy
from us...  He was also talking about the impossiblity of secularism
in Pakistan, and which is not the fact.  See, who is the beneficiary
of Emergency in Pakistan. Just the Army and the elite.  So if we curse
the imposition of Martial Law in Pakistan, we also should curse
something which is not in the interest of People in India. RSS is one
such thing which we dont need, simply because it has no understanding
of an individual on the basis of simple needs in life and nature.  The
only face it wants to see is: Hindu face of the individual,  and
therefore,  it looks similar to Nazis.  The same can be applied to
Jamat-i-islami and other derivatives of such organizations. I agree,
that the true level of democray is still a mirage in the west even,
but they too are trying, so should we too...

Here, you can easily label me as a communist. I dont have problems
with the word but that too has become a passe, and we better move to a
better future.  What is in the name, so please come forward and give
space to this democratic rose to sperad its fragrance of love and
peace.

Lastly, how you find it so easy to represent  Kashmiri Pandits every
time and mix it with whatever .... Do you know why Kasmirii Pandit
communtiy employees were not allowed to join the offices in Jammu
after migration becaue the Hindu Dogra popularion asserted its
regional identity.  They still conitue to be the outsiders in  Hindu
Jammu city.  I am not complaining  about that, but what i want to say
is that there is not Hindu which fits in a single word ' HINDU' and
that applies to Muslims too.

Why i am writing this in detail, is because that i strongly feel that
it is only our recent past which has given birth to this Hindu Muslim
divide, and therefore, we  urgently need to enter the maze of it with
all sincerity and find common links which are so numerous that this
'divide' naturally sccumbs inwardly because of many inherent
contradictions.

with love and regards
inder salim

http://indersalim.livejournal.com