[Reader-list] From Nur Hossain Bloggers

Shambhu Rahmat shambhu.rahmat at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 14:31:04 IST 2007

Nov 10th: 1 BlogPost for Nur Hossain Blog Day was a success. Below is
message from organizers.

Nur Hossain is the iconic protester who painted "gonothanthro mukti
pak" (set democracy free) on his body during the anti-military
protests that finally toppled the Ershad junta in 1991.

The famous photo was taken minutes before Nur Hossain was shot to death.

http://www.drishtipat.org/blog/2007/11/10/remembering-nur-hossain/
http://rumiahmed.wordpress.com/2007/11/09/down-with-militarycracy-bring-back-democracy/
http://rumiahmed.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/nurhossainback.jpg

From: Nur Hossain Bloggers
Dear all,

The response we have received from all of you have been tremendous.
We would like to thank each and every blogger and website
administrator who put up something about this soldier of democracy.
We would like to thank each and every person who forwarded our appeal
to someone else.
We would like to thank everyone who told their friends and family as
to what we were trying to do.

Without each of your individual efforts, our small initiative would
have been that much smaller, that much poorer. Whatever happens in
Bangladesh in the next year or so, we promise to be back. Because, as
Thomas Jefferson said, " The price of democracy is eternal vigilance".
Eternal vigilance in the safeguarding of our democracy is the only way
we will be able to honour the spirit of Nur Hossain.

- Nur Hossain Bloggers

p.s. Please forward to anyone you may have forwarded our initial appeal to.