[Reader-list] Bulletproof points

aprajita at sarai.net aprajita at sarai.net
Sun Nov 11 21:42:00 IST 2007

Hello All

I usually watch television with envy. I feel like I am sitting on the
wrong side of the screen, and rightly so. I envy Barkha Dutt when she is
able to shred many complex issues to neat articulate conclusions in a
matter of forty minutes. I envy Rajat Kapoor when he tersely tells me that
his news channel is the true voice of the real India. I envy Tulsi when
she is able to look at me in the eye and tell me that nari shakti lies in
protecting her children from all forms of evil.

When I read the telelvision, I read these amazing sound bytes- I feel I
can never be articulate enough and catch up with them, that my thoughts
will never be as neat, to-the-point and emotive. I will be rambling and
they will be speaking.

I have learnt that if you cannot shred your arguments down to one word,
one statement- psuedo-secularists, anit-national, communal, patriarchal,
you should not speak.

Am I 'right' in my learning? Please answer with a yes/no, if you want me
to take you seriously, and envy you.

Aprajita

www.positivelybright.blogspot.com

This email was sent using SquirrelMail.