[Reader-list] Nandigram Relief - an appeal

peter griffin zigzackly at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 20:13:53 IST 2007

A follow-up to:
1. http://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/2007-November/011079.html
<https://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/2007-November/011079.html>
2. http://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/2007-November/011103.html<https://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/2007-November/011103.html>
3. http://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/2007-November/011124.html

This came in from the sender of the original email:

Friends,
I am sending this out to anyone in my address book who I feel would need the
information, and be in a position to circulate it further. Over the past few
days I have received several emails and queries about where exactly relief
material is being collected for Nandigram victims. It seems that when
Mahasweta Devi's phone number was called, they were being told that no
materials were being collected there.

I managed to speak directly to Mahasweta di this morning and here is what
she has asked me to circulate:

1. Her address IS being used as a collection and despatch centre for relief
materials for Nandigram victims. For those who do not have it, it is:

W 2C, 12/3 Phase 2, Golf Green, Kolkata 700095.

Children's warm clothes, new (not secondhand) lungis and dhotis for men.
sturdy saris in wearable condition, rice and dal are welcome.

2. If money is being donated, it should be sent to Account no. 24941, Canara
Bank, Sealdah branch.

3. Mahasweta di has been focusing on working with a doctors' group at
Nandigram. The contact person if anyone wishes to help with the health
centre there in any way is Dr Devapriya Mallick, 9830510911.

Thanks and regards
Anjum Katyal