[Reader-list] Nandigram Relief - an appeal

peter griffin zigzackly at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 03:28:53 IST 2007

Dear All,

This is with reference to my two earlier mails on the subject:
1. https://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/2007-November/011079.html
2. https://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/2007-November/011103.html

Dilip and I received a reply from the originator of the appeal I had
forwarded.

Hi,
I was passing on a message I received. Last morning the same person smsed to
say that instead of the address of Mahasweta Devi that was given, we should
send our stuff to Medha Patkar opposite Metro Cinema. I smsed a query this
morning asking where to send relief materials and tried calling Mahasweta's
number several times. So far no luck. I shall keep trying. If I find out, I
will let you know.
regards
Anjum

If Anjum is able to get some validated information, I will pass it on to the
list again. My apologies to those of you who tried to contact the phone
number in my first message.

Thanks,

peter