[Reader-list] letter that i plan to write to Indian newspapers

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 24 18:57:47 IST 2007

Dear Sara Inayat
You should certainly write this letter, but Indian
govt. would rather spend its energy on pressurizing
Pakistan if the latter is promoting cross border
terrorism. This emergency everyone thinks is actually
meant to fight the extremists, so they think its good
for India. The silence of Indian lawyers and judges is
certainly pathetic although predictable. But I am not
sure if banning India-Pak cricket would mean anything.
Imran Khan is struggling as a politician, and every
one should condemn his arrest not just because he was
a cricketer. Pakistani cricket team may have been sent
by the state, but some of us (in India) believe that
India-Pak cricket actually promotes a bomhomie between
us. (of course there are some in India who want to ban
it for certain other reasons too). In that regard it
would be good to allow the cricket going on.

BTW, I had sent a message on a few Indian e-lists
condemning the banning of Paksitani TV channels, but
no one reacted to it. We have too many of our own
problems to deal with.

Yousuf

&lt;https://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/>