[Reader-list] Rape Victim ordered 200 lashes and prison by Saudi judges

Partha Dasgupta parthaekka at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 18:39:55 IST 2007

Hi,

Without trying to imply that Pawan's view-point is justified, I can
understand his angst of being a displaced Hindu minority in a state which he
can no longer visit in peace.

And, to make another jump, these segregations of 'pseudo-secularist' or
'Islamo-fascism' or even 'Hindutva' seem rather dangerous categorizations to
me. How does a viewpoint force us into one camp or another? They are
reasoned and / or believed views. For example, though I would condemn Modi
for the Godhra riots, I would also have to admit that the frequent
Hindu-Muslim riots that would happen while I was in college in Baroda are no
longer so common.

To get back to the point raised by Shuddha, I still oppose state-sponsored
and / or state-endorsed violence fo reasons that I've mentioned elsewhere so
I won't drag this post.

Rgds, Partha

Partha Dasgupta
+919811047132