[Reader-list] [Announcements] Drama Workshop by Rainbow Inc, Hyderabad

mitoo das mitoo at sarai.net
Wed Oct 24 15:10:05 IST 2007

Dear friends,

Rainbow Inc. (Hyderabad) is conducting a three-day Drama workshop, details
of which are given below. Please let us know if you are interested in
attending this program.

If not ……. we would appreciate your forwarding this to other interested
individuals.

Accommodation arrangements for outstation participants can be made if
required.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

 Vaneeta Bhattacharyya

*Rainbow Inc. Hyd presents:*    *"I want to be ME"*

Each one of us has hidden within thoughts, ideas, feelings, emotions and a
lot more that we find difficult to talk about, express or reveal. We shut
these aspects within us and try and ignore them. When and if they surface
they can leave us depressed, overwhelmed, angry and aggressive. As a result
we end up hurting ourselves and others around us.

Role-play and drama are techniques by which actual incidents can be enacted
under the guise of fiction, thus offering us the protection we may need. It
creates an atmosphere and space where we can express ourselves without
feeling threatened. It also provides us with an alternative language – a
language beyond the mere verbal. Drama allows unlimited possibilities for
response. It allows one experiment with identity, discover and express
dormant aspects of oneself, and practice new ways of relating. "Theatre is
the fire which makes the pressure cooker explode and release the angels and
devils dwelling inside it."

"I Want to Be ME" is a three-day interactive workshop that puts participants
through a series of drama techniques through which they can address concerns
– be they social, cultural, personal and/or political. The experiential
workshop is introduced in a private space with no observers and no public
performances.

The point of the use of drama techniques as a healing process is not to
teach people how to act but to be used as a medium through which each
participant participates at her/his level. The important aspect of this
process is getting the group to accept each one for what they are and not
imposing what they feel is right or wrong. Moving away from conditioned
trends in thinking to a more open and liberal acceptance of what is and then
taking it from there.

*Workshop facilitator: Mahnoor Yar Khan *
(drama therapist)

Workshop open to adults only

HURRY! Limited seats available!

Venue: *Vidyaranya High School*