[Reader-list] Citizens for Peace seeks contributors for its blog

peter griffin zigzackly at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 14:52:14 IST 2007

Hi

This letter is on behalf of Citizens for Peace - http://citizensforpeace.in/
- a non-party group of volunteers committed to working for communal harmony
and a vibrant secular polity. The URL has lots more about them.

Plans for the site include a blog and a forum. The forum will take a little
time to set up, but the blog - http://citizensforpeace.in/blog - is up and
running already, and CfP wants to invite a few more people to join them on
the blog.

I'm sending this on behalf of the trustees of Citizens for Peace, in my role
as consultant on their web presence. But I also support what they are doing
as an individual.

~peter

======
The following text is also posted at
http://citizensforpeace.in/blog/2007/10/30/wanted-writers-and-bloggers/
should you want something to link to rather than post or forward the whole
thing.
======

*Would you like to join our blog team?*

Do take a look around the site, and if you agree with our stance, goals and
objectives, and would like to become a contributor to the blog, please send
us:
- Your full name
- Your preferred username (You can create a 'Subscriber' level* username
yourself, via the
Register<http://citizensforpeace.in/wp-login.php?action=register>link
at the bottom of all blog pages. If you do this, please send us that
username instead.)
- A link to your blog or to specific blogposts, or a writing sample if you
don't have any writing online. Something that shows your thinking on the
focus areas of CfP would be best, naturally.
Mail this to *blog AT citizensforpeace DOT in* with the subject line "*I'd
like to blog for CfP*."
This email address forwards mail to the four members of CfP's Managing
Committee who are selecting the blog team. They are:
Rajni Bakshi, journalist; author of *Bapu Kuti*
Dilip D'Souza, writer; journalist
Gulan Kripalani, development communications professional; film maker
Pervin Varma, former CEO of Child Rights & You (CRY)

The blog runs on Wordpress <http://wordpress.org/>, so it would help if you
have some experience with the interface, though that's not a condition.
Note: If you are invited to join the blog team, your initial status will be
'Contributor,' which means that your posts will not appear on on the blog
until an Editor or Administrator* approves them. Dilip D'souza is the editor
of the blog, and will be the one approving posts on a day-to-day basis.

* For more information on what Subscriber, Contributor, Author, Editor and
Admin mean in the Wordpress context, please read
this<http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities>
.
Do feel free to pass this on to blogger friends who might be interested.

*What if you'd like to guest post? Perhaps write a one-off essay?*

Do write to us anyway. Same address, just make your subject line "*Guest
post for blog.*" Send the essay or post in the body of the email or as an
RTF attachment. No Word docs or any other proprietary format, please. Don't
forget to tell us how you'd like to be credited, and whether there's a site
somewhere that we can link that credit line to.

*What if you'd rather not blog or write, but would like to get involved in
some way?*

Please use the form here <http://citizensforpeace.in/get-involved/>.

*Are you a journalist?*

We'd love to hear from you. Please write to us at *press AT citizensforpeace
DOT in*. (And do read our latest press
statement<http://citizensforpeace.in/blog/2007/10/26/press-statement-20071026/>,
please)

*Please read, link, pass around*

Whether you choose to blog, get involved or not, we'd greatly appreciate it
if you could spend another couple of minutes of your time your reading, and,
if you choose, linking to and passing around the following.

- Our press statement<http://citizensforpeace.in/blog/2007/10/26/press-statement-20071026/>in
reaction to Tehelka's expose on the perpetrators of the violence in
Gujarat in 2002 (which you can see
here<http://www.tehelka.com/story_main35.asp?filename=Ne031107gujrat_sec.asp>
).
- Our open letters to the Prime