[Reader-list] All the concern citizens' are invited in this campaign

Bikash Ballabh Singh vikash.sen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 13:55:57 IST 2007

Today as India spreads its wings to set foot on the new global economic
center stage and prepares to join the club of developed nations, the
historical references have changed. It has transformed from the land of
snake charmers to a country with high intellect, professional prowess and is
an emerging superpower.

At this critical juncture in our history, it is apt that we undertake a
reality check of the ground situation in our country. Here are some of the
issues, which demand our attention

   India is considered an emerging superpower, but corruption levels in
India are one of the highest in the world
  While the IIT's and IIM's have captured the world's imagination, a large
proportion of Indians do not even know how to read and write
  Many parts of the country still lack basic amenities like safe drinking
water, electricity, sanitation facilities etc.
  Law and order is a problem across vast swathes of the country
  Side by side with glitzy malls exist slums where lakhs of Indians lead a
hand-to-mouth existence.
  While our GDP is rising, farmers are still committing suicide
  Infrastructure in the major cities is yet to catch up with the huge rise
in populations.
  While women are scaling new heights, cases of dowry, acid attacks, female
infanticide, rape are an everyday occurrence.

and many moreā€¦

 It's time we considered where we are and where we should be, both as a
society and as a nation. In doing so, the foremost need is to identify the
fundamental issues and problems that we face without any visible solution or
an action- plan to address them.

Instead of blaming the system, the population, the politicians, the
Constitution and other factors that restrict our progress shouldn't we, the
citizens, dream big for our country and work towards making this dream come
true? It's time that citizens of India came forward to identify the
challenges ahead, line up solutions to tackle them and then charge forward
towards making that very critical difference by creating the blueprint for
the next 60 years of India's growth.

Towards this goal, Team merinews has taken up the challenge to create the
"Citizens' Manifesto - a people defined roadmap of India till 2067."

We call upon every Indian to come forward and join this initiative. Your
fire of patriotism and the passion to realise a dream for yourself, your
society and in turn your country is what is needed to make this happen. You
can submit your suggestions, thoughts, views, ideas, issues and their
solutions.

*Let's come together to give shape to our future.*

*Details of campaign *http://www.merinews.com/CampaignPage.jsp?cmpId=1

With best regards,
Vipul Kant Upadhyay
CEO & Editor in Chief