[Reader-list] Two Iqbals & One Faiz

yasir ~ yasir.media at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 15:00:59 IST 2007

I cannot but fail to note and be heartened that both sides (or as
many) find inspiration in Faiz Ahmed Faiz and Muhammad Iqbal -
Kshemendra quoting Niya Shivaalaa, Cashmeeri quoting Meray Dil Meray
Musafir and Rashneek going back to Baang e Dara.

Besides the Kashmeer connection it is not an unimportant note that
they both received a similar religious education while growing up in
Sialkot - however apparently contradictory that sounds.

I will let Iqbal Bano sound it - Faiz's Hum Dekhenge. it becoming an
anthem during the zia years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6kiQjZePbc