[Reader-list] Needs and styles of Ignorants

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 10:12:20 IST 2007

"Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead
the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." - Bible

Dear Mr. Tarun ,

I hope you would stay with the discussion , unlike your other *comrades* .I
would not like to resort to name calling and "fun connections" which you
have indulged in. So let me pick up few of your points randomly and start
discussing it .

1. In your mail you have written,

                         "For instance one commonsensical question, how come
200,000 or 500,000 (fill in any big number), are forced out of a place, and
the Indian state, which Panditocrats defend with such zeal, does nothing or
remains silent."

Here you have doubted the figure , you seem to think that even 200000
Kashmiri pandits are too much which could have existed. I would not like to
give you reasons or probably counter your in bracket statement of "fill in
any big number" , but I would surely like you to give me a justification of
your loving Hurriyat Conference and founders of blood bath in Kashmir who
state that in last 17 years 120000 Kashmiri Muslims have been killed by
Indian Soldiers. Going by mathematical calculation , the so called killings
come to around 600 / month and means that Hurriyat claims that since last 17
years Indian soldiers kill 20 Kashmiri Muslims every day.Leave asides the
army men killed. Has Mr. Tarun  or Sanjay Kak ever given a though if this
figure is something even a person coming straight from "NIMHANS" would
believe at ? What makes Mr. Tarun believe that this world cant have 200000
Kashmiri pandits but at the same time Mr. Tarun Bhartiya is no mood to think
at anything which would lend susceptibility towards those who have a waged a
war against India. This surely proves where your priorities lies , so you
may even blame this to "Panditocracy" and continue to live in your
ignorance.

2. In your mail you have mentioned

                          "talking to Sanjay recently, we laughed and said
that only thing left for the Panditocrats was to accuse us of making
threats."

Tarun Bhartiya Ji , I do not want to add more to the kind of person Sanjay
Kak is . A person who works against his own communities interest , probably
his own nations interest , and starts laughing at his own community is the
one you needed . I am sure Sanjay Kak is a reliable bet for you , and I am
sure you all should know how dependable Sanjay Kak is , a person who laughs
at his own community.

3. In your mail you have mentioned

                           "Or will the return only happen when all the
Muslims have been repatriated to Pakistan (or where ever they are to be
thrown out or made to vanish), and then the Pandits can enjoy their purified
ancestral land (read Panun Kashmir). This is a legitimate question to ask
(Jashn-e-Azadi doesn't do that, but someone will), as legitimate as asking
of the movement in valley as to why was their minority made to feel unsafe?"

Tarun Bhartiya , you aversion to something which is purely of national
interest is displayed here in the context you have mentioned Panun Kashmir .
While as you are all out there to support and justify people who work on
directions of Islamabad  [ read Hurriyat ] , you continue to have problem
with a "Panun Kashmir " word. What you do not mention is that the resolution
for Panun Kashmir mentions

That the Constitution of India be made applicable in letter and spirit in
this *Homeland*, in order to ensure right to life, liberty, freedom of
expression and faith, equality and rule of law;
That the *Homeland* be placed under the Central administration with a Union
territory Status, so that it evolves its own economic and political
infrastructure

Tarun , you seem to have problem with a demand which asks for complete
integration of Kashmir with India , at least Panun Kashmir , and demands
full flow of Indian constitution in Panun Kashmir. I am sure I do not have
to remind you that Indian constitution is secular by nature. You have a
problem with Pandits wanting that land as a Union Territory , which sends a
message that we are not in a leadership tussle ,neither interested in
politics. Let Govt Of India rule us directly . But then it defies your logic
of supporting something "unconventional" and your inteelegessia.

4 .Tarun in your mail you have mentioned

                       "vile and threatening comments on the blog (comments
which we have quite early on and openly said we would moderate), and
non-reviews of the film stalking any discussion forum, website, blog which
mentions Jashn-e-Azadi …As if an event management company has been working
to a script."

Tarun , I know you have a reputation at stake and I know you fear losing
that . I have screen shot of my comments on your blog , which were
plain,relevant message , which have not been approved. The only reason was
that it countered what you had written in blog and with reason. Would you
mention which comment of mine was threatening ? Is sending a note ----
Sanjay , I challenge you for a debate ?" a threat or is comparison of Jashn
E Azadi & Safar E Azadi of Yasin Malik a threat ? Or do you mean that these
comments were stripping you down so you felt it as threatening ?

Of course Kashmiri Pandits have been going to any discussion forum , we have
been sending our comments in each way . There are scores of KP youths who
are working on that . And why shouldn't I ? Doesn't Kashmir belong to us ?
Aren't Kashmiri Pandits the original aborigines of Kashmir ? Haven't our
ancestors lived in the valley of more than 5000 years . And when a history
of 5000 years is destroyed overnight by fanatics and separatists , we have a
right to fight for ourselves. Mr. Tarun , you have a problem with us for we
don't fight with guns , we fight with pen and our keyboards . After all you
have been admiring the men with guns and those work against the "system" or
may I say "state" as this is that is what would be appreciated by your
likes.

5. Tarun you have made a passing reference to Aditya Raj Kaul by calling him
"media savvy undergraduate bluster" . That is something which made me laugh
. Let me refresh your memory , that it was this so called "media savvy
undergraduate bluster" who got Justice 4 Priyadarshini . It was this so
called "media savvy undergraduate bluster" who made the nation stand up and
rally around , which resulted in Justice getting delivered finally in a
record time. It was this "media savvy undergraduate bluster" who stood for
Nithari Victims , it was this "media savvy undergraduate bluster" who was
nominated as India Today Youth Icon of the Year .

Call it Panditocracy , if that pleases you . Or do I smell jealousy. You do
not need to clarify it . I am grown up enough to understand . So are many
others .

6. Tarun , in your mail you have written

                         " But ask unvetted questions, and see Panditocrats
piling onto you. For you see KP's in exile makes more sense for the Indian
state, than them being in the valley. Poignancy of Exile and Migration is
more potent than the historical messiness of politics. Poignancy, if I may
point out to the Panditocrats, is not just the migration of Pandits, but a
Pandit politics  based on the triumphant return to the cleansed land of the
Twice born."

Tarun , I would not like to say what the Govt wants or doesn't . But I do
wish to state that as Kashmiri Pandits we do not want even a single life to
be wasted and falling prey to the terrorists. Today all sources say that
thousands of armed terrorists are still in Kashmir and most of them fidayen.
In the said circumstances , it is foolish to return , when you know that you
would always be the first choice of the bullets sent from across the nation.
But then Tarun , you have a problem with that . You want Pandits to be
shooting ducks and guinea pigs . After all if scores are killed again , at
the most you may have to avoid "readers list" for couple of weeks .

7. The there are few including you who say

                             " Your mails sound repetitive and young friends
ARKP"

Tarun & Gargi ,Let me just update you that Kshemendra is a young man of
nearly 60 years . This should make you aware of how well you are at your
guess work.The tale of "Auschwitz" of Kashmiri pandits seems repetitive to
you and you must be wondering why doesn't it get repeated in a different way
so as it doesn't sound repetitive. But have you even thought that not a
single terrorist has been convicted for killings of thousands of Kashmiri
Pandits . Well, one of the reason is that people like you do to have courage
to raise your voice against Yasin Malik & Bitta Karate. After all the six
Indian Airforce Personnel killed by yasin Malik were not related to you,
neither were they working for you . They were on duty for this country , and
that does not matter to you , and what matters for you is "Jashn E Azadi".

You keep on equating a killer like Yasin malik with Gandhi , and forget that
till date Yasin Malik has neither regretted his taking up arms nor has he
regretted any of his killing. But , for you he is a Gandhi and next you may
compare him with Gautham Buddha or Mother Teresa.

After all , anything may come from you.

You may continue to enjoy you Shillong rains , and I hope someday you would
invite us over as well. After all we all would like to take few lessons of
Kashmiri from you in the beautiful Shillong rain and maybe then we would
understand the real translation of phone conversation between SAR Geelani
and others , like Sanjay Kak did.

God Bless

Pawan Durani