[Reader-list] [Announcements] (no subject)

mitoo at sarai.net mitoo at sarai.net
Wed Sep 5 13:53:30 IST 2007

Dear Friend,

Greetings from Chintan!

There are many reasons why waste recyclers find themselves marginalized in
global cities. One is that they are not legally recognized as legitimate
service providers. In India, we totally lack the imagination to integrate
indigenous private service providers with the needs of our expanding cities
and simultaneously addressing poverty.

Chintan has been working along with other organizations to understand how
policy can be inclusive. In the last one year, there have been many global
studies, exchanges and research in this regard. To share these global case
studies we are organizing a discussion.

Venue             : Conference Room - III, India International Centre (IIC).

Date              : 13th September, 2007.

Time              : 6pm to 9pm.

The confirmed speakers are:

-         Dr. Yamini Gupt: presenting a global study on the Economic
Aspects of Informal Sector activity in Solid Waste Management.

-         Santraj Maurya of Chintan: Santraj, who was notoriously not
allowed to board an Alitalia flight, will be talking about the informal
sector initiatives and his experiences in Cairo, Egypt.

-         Bharati Chaturvedi: discussing the global policy experiences
about the informal recycling sector.

We request your participation in this discussion.

Thanking you

Sincerely

Aagney Sail

Program Officer, Mobile - 9910270067

Chintan Environmental Research and Action Group,
C-14, Lajpat Nagar III,
2nd Floor New Delhi -110024
Phone : +91-11-46574171, 46574172, 46574173
Fax : +91-11-46574174