[Reader-list] Patriots for a United Indian Subcontinent

Raheema Begum theunderscoredhood at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:10:55 IST 2007

*'Na jaane kaun si mitti vatan ki mitti thi'*

*- *'Hazaar Baar ruke', from the film Mammo.

*'How many deaths will it take to be noticed that too many people have
died?'*

- Bob Dylan, Blowing in the Wind.

As long as there will India and Pakistan, this fight will never stop. Too
many times has this been said.

More than 2000 people were killed, slaughtered, burnt in all the violence in
2002 in Gujarat. The mainstream in Gujarat is still in denial.

Millions of people died when the subcontinent was torn apart into
Bangladesh, India and Pakistan.

Bomb blasts continue to claim innumerable lives. People from each side are
hurt. The real reasons behind these blasts are still elusive. We all guess:
terrorism, creating communal unrest…Perhaps all these are true.

For the Hindu, Muslim and Christian Sikh, Parsi and whatever person of faith
caught in the middle it is just a matter of living with dignity, with the
ability to practice your faith and go on with your life which matters.

For as long as these borders remain, our psyche will always be divided,
although we are not divided in our history, culture and consciousness.

*We need to do away with these borders*, and let us start dreaming now.
Because politicians are people and it is people who create opinion. It is
people, us who can put an end to communal violence.

*September 10 to September 16th* ,2007 is the week for *blogging for a
united Indian subcontinent*. Voices from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh
coming together to say why and how a borderless Indian Subcontinent should
and can be created.

Here is what you have to do:

Blog about why *you* want or don't want an undivided Indian subcontinent.
And how you think this is possible. What the future holds in store for an
undivided Indian subcontinent, what could be possible…

And there is more coming.

So let us create a coalition to take these voices far and wide. Blogging for
a united Indian Subcontinent Week. September 10 to 16th, 2007.

This is a collaborative event. If you want to design posters, hand-outs,
invites…the more the merrier…

Suggestions and queries welcome.

*Let's make it happen!*
 The One State Solution Week, September 10th to 16th
2007.<http://raahi.wordpress.com>