[Reader-list] Mumbai Hotel expels Pakistani filmmaker

Shivam Vij mail at shivamvij.com
Sun Sep 9 21:48:37 IST 2007

New Delhi --- Noted Pakistani filmmaker Hasan Zaidi was thrown out by a
Mumbai hotel on Monday for bearing his country's citizenship but he said
on Thursday that the city remained a home for him with many warm
friends.

The filmmaker had arrived from Karachi on Monday and checked into a
hotel where he was booked by a colleague from Mumbai. "I had barely
entered my room when they sent for my passport and said they didn't put
up Pakistanis or Bangladeshis."

More
http://www.asiamedia.ucla.edu/article.asp?parentid=77157